What's Up Wednesday!

Happy Hump Day!

Today I'm linking up with Shay, Sheaffer and Mel for What's Up Wednesday. I'm also linking up to The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore Wednesday. It's one of my favorite days of the month. I love seeing what all is going on in peoples' worlds and what they are wearing too. :) Here's a peek into mine...

We are eating lots of meatless meals. We are in the thick of Lent and that means no meat on Fridays for 40 days! My favorite meal so far was Ina Garten's Roasted Tomato Soup. It was so good. A little bit of work but worth it.

Ingredients:

3 pounds ripe plum tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons good olive oil
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
2 cups chopped yellow onions (2 onions)
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 (28-ounce) canned plum tomatoes, with their juice
4 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
1 quart chicken stock or water

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Toss together the tomatoes, 1/4 cup olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread the tomatoes in 1 layer on a baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes.

In an 8-quart stockpot over medium heat, saute the onions and garlic with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the butter, and red pepper flakes for 10 minutes, until the onions start to brown. Add the canned tomatoes, basil, thyme, and chicken stock. Add the oven-roasted tomatoes, including the liquid on the baking sheet. Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered for 40 minutes. Pass through a food mill fitted with the coarsest blade. Taste for seasonings. Serve hot or cold.

Here's what mine looked like...YUM-O!


I'm reminiscing about...

Baseball. We are almost there. Baseball season begins in less than a week!!

Photos from last August at a Rays game. First time Dylan was in a dome. :)



Right now I am reading/loving...cozy mysteries especially the Aurora Teagarden series by Charlaine Harris. I love the books and the movies starring Candace Cameron Bure. I am currently reading this one...


I've been cleaning/purging/organizing and donating everything lately. Nothing is off limits. I am taking part in the 40 bags in 40 days challenge for Lent and so far so good. Here's a sampling of my handiwork...


What I'm dreading...nothing really. Phew!

What I'm working on...at school we are all about the rainbows and flowers. In class this week we made pom pom rainbows. So fun and super cute!


I'm excited for Easter break in a little over a week and this boy coming home!!


What I'm watching/listening to..

Murder She Baked on Hallmark Channel. LOVE this series. I dvr'ed them all this weekend and I'm hooked!


Listening to talk radio. So exciting. LOL!

What I'm wearing...lots of peplum/flowy tops and my first ever lularoe leggings!!


What I'm doing this weekend. Well, I was supposed to meet up with some friends for lunch and shopping in the city on Saturday but it's going to be a wash out so we had to reschedule. Spring in NY. :(

What I'm looking forward to next month...Easter break!!! 10 glorious days off from school! I love being a teacher. :D

And finally, what is my favorite spring thing to wear...dresses and scarves just like this...


And that's what's up in my world!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pink Saturday

Happy New Year!!!

Craftiness & a Holiday Headstart