Stranded!

Well, isn't this a fun topic to link up!! If you were stranded on an island, what three books would you make sure to bring with you. I am linking up with Shay Ms. Mix and Match Mama herself at www.shullfamily.blogspot.com and Erika from www.tabanderika.blogspot.com.

Well, the obvious ones would be the Bible, a couple of my photo albums and I would seriously be good to go. But, I didn't want to let myself off so easily. ;)

So, I thought about it and thought about it and here is what I came up with...

I am Catholic so I thought instead of the Bible, what book could I bring that would bring me peace and keep me close to God. I know!! I would bring a treasury of prayers or a prayer book. That way I could always refer back to a favorite prayer or even just the prayer for that particular day of the week That's assuming I would even know what day of the week it is. LOL!!!

This is what I would bring:


Next up would most definitely have to be something by my one of favorite authors either Emily Bronte or Jane Austen. I remember taking a Women in Literature class in high school and falling in love with Austen and the Bronte sisters. If I had to pick one, it would be Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. One of the best books ever written. I kid you not!


Here is a little bit about it found on Goodreads...

Wuthering Heights is a wild, passionate story of the intense and almost demonic love between Catherine Earnshaw and Heathcliff, a foundling adopted by Catherine's father. After Mr Earnshaw's death, Heathcliff is bullied and humiliated by Catherine's brother Hindley and wrongly believing that his love for Catherine is not reciprocated, leaves Wuthering Heights, only to return years later as a wealthy and polished man. He proceeds to exact a terrible revenge for his former miseries. The action of the story is chaotic and unremittingly violent, but the accomplished handling of a complex structure, the evocative descriptions of the lonely moorland setting and the poetic grandeur of vision combine to make this unique novel a masterpiece of English literature.

Lastly, I though ooh maybe I'll choose a vegetarian cookbook but then I thought really!? How am I cooking?! On what stove or in what oven? I grew up in the city so this girl has no knowledge whatsoever on how to start a fire out of two sticks. HA!!!!

So, I opted for a book that would make me laugh. Erma Bombeck is brilliant and witty and downright hilarious. If you have never read her, I suggest you start with this book:


"America's irrepressible doyenne of domestic satire."
THE BOSTON GLOBE
Madcap, bittersweet humor in classic Erma Bombeck-style. You'll laugh until it hurts and love it! "Any mother with half a skull knows that when Daddy's little boy becomes Mommy's little boy, the kid is so wet, he's treading water. What do you mean you're a participle in the school play and you need a costume? Those rotten kids. If only they'd let me wake up in my own way. Why do they have to line up along my bed and stare at me like Moby Dick just washed up onto a beach somewhere?" (less)

And there you have my picks!

This was so FUN!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pink Saturday

Craftiness & a Holiday Headstart

Happy New Year!!!