Weekend Round Up - Baseball & BBQ Edition

I absolutely love the 4th of July. It's no coincidence that it occurs during my favorite time of the year ...summer! We usually have a low key 4th around here but we never let it go without a little celebration.

On Friday, we took my son and his friend to an Independent League baseball game in Bridgeport, CT. We have been wanting to go there for quite some time. The team, the Bluefish, is made up of former major league players and some players that never made it out of the minors. Baseball fans would recognize the name, Sean Burroughs. He's on this team although he didn't play the night we went. Here are some scenes from the game...

The field...


The lineup...


The mascot was a total ham. He sang the national anthem with us, took photos with the boys and later enjoyed watching the game with us in the empty seat next to us.





We got a team set of baseball cards when we walked in and packs of flavored sunflower seeds when we left. We got Dill Pickle and Bacon flavored seeds. They lost the game 9-5 but we all had a fun night at the ballpark.

Before the game, we ate at a BBQ place call Walrus & Carpenter. We love us some bbq food. We had wings, pork bites & pork rind nachos (I didn't even go near those! LOL) for starters.


Then we all shared my hush puppies because my eyes are always bigger than my stomach. LOL. Oh my word. They were divine.


And for my entree, I had the pulled pork soft tacos. They were so light and fresh. You bet your bottom I ate both of them. ;)


Saturday was nearly a total wash out. The sun didn't come out until late afternoon but we made the best of it. We took Tilly to our local dog park where she played with her new friend Foxy. ;)

After 30 minutes of running around trying to catch a tennis ball, she was pooped.



We ended the night with a bbq dinner, it's not like we just had it yesterday or anything?! ahhaaaa!


This was the first time I microwaved sweet potatoes They came out great. Pierce with a fork 4-5 times. Cook for 8 minutes flipping over halfway through and they were perfect!

On Sunday, we went to the Stormville Flea Market. It was hot. I got a cute red floppy sunhat. I'll have to get a picture of it. And the boys got records and video games. We had sushi for lunch and got home just in time to watch the women's soccer and then Sunday night baseball. Perfect way to end the long weekend. Hope you enjoyed your holiday weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pink Saturday

Craftiness & a Holiday Headstart

Happy New Year!!!