Spaghetti Pie - Oh My!

Growing up my mom's friend Nancy used to make spaghetti pie. It was so delicious. I mean ... what's not to love, right? Pasta in pie form! I am shocked to say that I never attempted to make it myself. I kinda just forgot about it. That is until one day my friend Linda posted her grandma's version on Instagram. I immediately e mailed her for the recipe and made it the very next day. I made a few adjustments to her recipe to make it mine. Here is my version...

Spaghetti Pie

Ingredients:


Spaghetti - 1 lb
Eggs, beaten - 3
Heavy cream - 3/4 cup
Parmesan, grated - 1 cup
Four Cheese blend - shredded - 1-1/2 - 2 cups
Fresh herbs to taste
Freshly grated nutmeg - a pinch
Peas - 1 cup
Prosciutto - sliced into a chiffonade
Freshly ground Pepper - plenty

Cook spaghetti until al dente. You can totally use gluten free spaghetti here.

Put as much as you can fit comfortably into deep dish pie plate. I was able to fit the entire pound of pasta into my Le Creuset deep dish pie plate.


In a very large bowl, combine everything else and cream, except add-ins.

I used the pot I boiled my pasta in to save on clean up. :)


Toss spaghetti into mixture, and mix until evenly coated.
Fold in add-ins of your choice. (Certain foods would need to be cooked first.)
If mixture is dry, add cream. Pour back into pie plate and top with additional cheese.

This can be made vegetarian too. Just omit the prosciutto.


Bake in 350 oven until hot and bubbly and top has color.
Let cool before cutting.
and enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pink Saturday

Craftiness & a Holiday Headstart

Happy New Year!!!