A Mish-Mash of Things

First off, I had been soooooooo sick for like 2 weeks. It was awful...couldn't eat, couldn't breathe, had no energy. So, to say I am behind on things is an understatement. But, I am finally caught up on the laundry. Yay! Thank God for small favors. LOL!

I did manage to stay on top of scrapbooking assignments, so that's nice. I'll be able to share in a few....

Work has been stressful. My co-teacher is out alot and me and 9 kiddos is too much especially when we have one with issues. :( But, I better get rewarded come review time is all I'm sayin' ;)

I think this will be dinner tomorrow. Since I only eat white meat, I'll be putting in a whole chicken cut up not just legs and thighs.




Ingredients
2 medium unpeeled potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 large green sweet pepper, cut into strips
1 medium onion, sliced
1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
2 pounds chicken thighs or drumsticks, skinned and fat removed
1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions
1. In a 3-1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker place the potatoes, sweet pepper, and onion. Sprinkle tapioca over potato mixture. Place chicken on top of the vegetables. For sauce, in a small bowl stir together tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic, and salt. Pour sauce over chicken.

2. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.

3. Transfer chicken and vegetables to a large serving bowl. Skim fat from sauce. Spoon sauce over chicken and vegetables. Makes 4 to 5 servings.





My Christmas morning photos really leave something to be desired. If I am able to scrap more than one layout, I'll be lucky. This is the best one!? :O




I am so unhappy that next week will be the season finale of The Real Housewives of Orange County. I *heart* those girls and all the sun and excess. Makes me want run out and dye my hair blond and get implants. LOL! But, seriously, all my favorite reality shows have come to or are coming to an end....The Hills, The Real World, Sydney and now this. What am I going to do? I guess I'll just have to occupy myself with Dorothy and Blanche and the rest of the girls. I got the entire season of the Golden Girls on DVD for Christmas and all I can say is that life is good. Now, if I lived in a warmer climate, life would be great. ;)

Ok. TTFN!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well, at least you got one good picture. :) And bummer about your shows. However, I am a Golden Girls fan and I am a little bit jealous of your new DVD. LOL. I'm sure you'll find something to occupy your time. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Pink Saturday

Craftiness & a Holiday Headstart

Happy New Year!!!