Yum-O

So, I am a big Rachael Ray fan. I was super excited to watch her new daytime talk show when it debuted a couple of months ago. And then...whoa!!! She was outta control...yelling and talking nonstop. I love her but I just couldn't watch it. Oh well.

Fast forward to today. I was ironing. I love to iron. :) But, I digress. And when I iron I always watch mindless tv, ya know, Y&R, The Golden Girls, The View, etc. That way I don't feel so guilty.

I was so into ironing that I found myself at 10 am and still wanting to go strong. So, I said let's give Rach another chance. And, boy am I glad I did. She made this chicken and dumpling stoup that looked TDF. I finished up and ran out to the store to get the ingredients.

It was so worth it. It smelled and tasted soooooo good!!!! I used chopped meat instead of ground chicken cause I had that in the fridge. I bought a loaf of Italian bread and made my famous zucchini pie to go with. YUM-O!!!

You need to make this.....

Double Chicken Dumpling Stoup Dinner
Mini meatballs are cooked in the stoup, as dumplings. Then gnocchi (potato dumplings) are added, doubling the dumpling factor.

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), 2 turns of the pan
4 ribs celery from the heart, chopped
2 medium onions, chopped
1 1/2 cups store-bought shredded carrots, (3 generous handfuls)
1 fresh bay leaf
Salt and pepper
6 cups chicken stock
1 pound ground chicken
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
A little freshly grated nutmeg
1 egg
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs (a couple of handfuls)
1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (a couple of handfuls)
1 package gnocchi, available in market refrigerated aisle with fresh pastas
1 cup frozen peas
A handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
Crusty bread for mopping

Heat a soup pot over medium to medium-high heat with EVOO. Add celery, onions, carrots and bay leaf, season with salt and pepper, and cook 5 minutes. Add stock to the pot, cover and bring to a boil.

Place chicken in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add garlic, nutmeg, egg, bread crumbs and cheese.

Combine the chicken mixture with your hands then roll into walnut-sized meat balls and add to the soup. Wash up, then add the gnocchi to the pot and cook for 5 minutes.

Add peas and parsley, and cook 2 minutes more. Turn heat off under the stoup and allow it to cool for 5 minutes on the stovetop before serving with crusty bread.

Enjoy it!

Comments

jenny said…
I just happened upon your blog by clicking the "next blog" button. I also saw that same Rachael Ray show with the dumpling stoup. And I thought it looked yum-o, too. I enjoyed all your cards and scrapbooking pages. I enjoy that kind of thing, too.
Suzelle said…
Oh man Mo....that sounds killer !!!!!! I heading to the store to get the stuff !!!
Kayla said…
yummy! im going to try that this weekend. i'll cook up a nice dinner for my mom :-) thanks for sharing! she'll enjoy it, hopefully!!

-k
Anonymous said…
You are way too domestic for me...although I don't mind ironing. And did I ever tell you that I love the Golden Girls? LOL

Your dinner sounded yummy. I'll have to remember that recipe.
Kristi Mangan said…
Oh wow, that looks good - I will have to make it when it eventually gets cold down here - sounds like good comfort food! :) Thanks for the recipe Mo!

Popular posts from this blog

Pink Saturday

Craftiness & a Holiday Headstart

Happy New Year!!!