Happy Monday!

Good Monday Morning! I woke up to an unexpected day off. A crazy rain storm blew through here last night and early this morning causing downed trees, impassable roads and power outages so school got cancelled! I am now happily sipping on my second cup of coffee while laundry is going. I like to use these bonus days to catch up on chores and also do some fun stuff like reading.

I am currently reading this book...


It's my first Kristin Higgins book and I am loving it! I hope to finish it up today so I can start my new book..


As I told you guys on Friday, I am hooked on Leah's show on A&E about Scientology so I thought I would pick up her book. I know a couple of people who read it and couldn't put it down. If you are interested, I picked mine up yesterday at Barnes & Noble. It was on the bargain shelf for $6.98. I am a member and they were having member days this weekend so I got an additional 20% off. While I was there, I also picked up a couple of Christmas presents. I could spend days shopping in a bookstore. The mall ... not so much. ;)

Last week, I decided to wave the white flag and rid my eat in kitchen table of it's summer style and finally decorate it for fall. *sigh* I kept it simple and minimalistic for now. After Halloween, I'll add a couple of more turkeys and signs for Thanksgiving. Table runner and pumpkins are from Target. The candle I got at HomeGoods and the little turkey candle holders are from Yankee Candle.


Saturday, after lunch, we headed down to the city to meet my parents for dinner. It was gorgeous weather. I wore a velvet top from JC Penny. It's a sweatshirt style but has cute little bows on the sides to dress it up a bit. I also picked up these new Rockstar jeans form Old Navy in a fun eggplant color. Let me tell you a little secret. They are FANTASTIC! They are soft and comfortable. I mean like butter soft. They are such great quality too for the price point. I bought mine with rewards points so I only paid $5.25 out the door!


For years my family used to eat a little Italian fish place on Delancey Street called Little Charlie's. The place has since closed but the two chefs opened their own place called Desy's in Williamsburg. We decided to go there with my parents. They have been many times before and said it's just like eating in Little Charlie's. The wait was horrendous and the service was terrible but the food was delicious. I ate broccoli rabe over penne pasta.


My parents said they have never had a similarly bad experience so we are calling it a fluke. But, while we were waiting outside to be seated, we saw a police chase. I kid you not. A police car was in hot pursuit of a motor cyclist. He jumped the curb right where we were standing to try and evade the officer. It was crazy! :O

On Sunday, we headed to Best Buy to look at dishwashers. Mine is on it's last leg. I had my heart set on a Bosch but when I saw the Kitchen Aid dishwasher, I got all confused. I'm going to do some research today about both models and see what people say. If you have any experiences with either, I would love to hear from you. Here they are...


Best Buy is having some specials right now on free delivery and installation until I think November 11th so that gives me some time.

So, that was my exciting weekend. Hope yours was a great one!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pink Saturday

Craftiness & a Holiday Headstart

Happy New Year!!!