Friday after school, Natty's girl scout troop and several other troops from our town descended on the Norwalk Maritime Center for a sleepover. I had to buy a sleeping bag for the event since I'm not a camper or anything remotely close to one. ;) We got there at 6 pm and set up our gear with the otters which was where we were sleeping. Then they had some games for the girls to play. After the games were done, it was time for dinner which was pizza and salad and fruit and all sorts of beverages. After dinner, began our tour of the aquarium. Our tour guide was Bruce and boy did we luck out. He was awesome! So good that he ran way over and we almost missed snack and craft. LOL! In the morning, we were treated to a special seal feeding and an IMAX movie followed by a trip to the gift shop where Natty got a stuffed seal and a stingray mood necklace. :) I barely slept so I'll be paying for it for days to come but it was most definitely worth it. If you ever have an oppor...
I got her! I got her! Leah is in the house. My Mom got it for me for my birthday which is just 6 days before Christmas. I owe my shoe and purse addiction to my Mom so I can always count on her to feed my habit. LOL! I cannot wait til it gets warmer here in NY so I can show Leah off. ;) And, this wristlet was a complete surprise. My Mom snuck it in there under the tree. I am in pink patent leather Heaven. EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! I am on a manhunt for these gorgeous Tory Burch watermelon flip flops in a size 7 but they are nowhere to be found. I hope to hit the outlet mall in the next couple of weeks and land a pair of these. I think my pink toes will look so cute in them this summer. ;) I hope you have thee most pinkalicious Saturday night! :D
Rice Krispie Biscotti makes about 20 - 22 3 tablespoons butter 40 large marshmallows - 1 (10 ounce) bag 6 cups Rice Krispies 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips 5 - 6 tablespoon half and half sprinkles Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add marshmallows and stir to melt. Take pot off heat and stir in Rice Krispies. Let cool until it can be handled without burning your hands. Scoop out about 1/3 cup of the Rice Krispie mixture and form into a biscotti shape - a thin log shape. Place on a piece of parchment paper to cool. Continue with the remaining Rice Krispie mixture until all biscotti are formed. Let cool completely. Melt chocolate chips with the half and half in a heat proof bowl over simmering water and stirring occasionally. Dip half of each biscotti in melted chocolate and sprinkle with sprinkles. Place on parchment paper to harden. Store in airtight container. Perfect for the kids' lunchboxes or an after school snack. Yum!
Comments